Tuesday, September 15, 2009

No-Fail, Yummy Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

Remember my post about being excited about coconut? I still love coconut. Today, I had to make a dessert for a church function, and I decided to make coconut cupcakes--just a simple chocolate cake mix with a yummy, homemade coconut frosting on top. So, I took them to church...and, well, I guess people are just not as into coconut as I am. I have a whole tray of cupcakes sitting here. I guess that's breakfast!

What people are into are these yummy chocolate chip cookies that I make a few times a month. Everyone loves them, so I will share the recipe. These aren't the healthiest, but they are no-fail. And the wheat part makes you feel less guilty!

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies (recipe from Betty Crocker)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 cups Gold Medal® whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)


1. Heat oven to 375ºF.
2. Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

 
 

 
 

 



 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum - when I am back up for cooking I will try these - in the meantime I will share with 805moms (:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Coconut cupcakes sound so yummy! I think sometimes people don't want to eat a whole cupcake (why on earth not?!) so they go for something smaller if they have a choice. I used to make cupcakes for R.S. all the time and few people ate them. I figure that's why. Unless they were terrible . . . hmm . . .

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com